picture of Jennifer Lopez
There are only a few celebrities out there who can sing, dance, and acts and become fashion icons at the same time. One such celebrity is Jennifer Lopez, aka JLo.
Born to Puerto Rican parents, once a regular dancer for the TV show, she soon established herself as a multi-talented artist. She has modeled for all the top beauty products. Jennifer is also a fashion designer and launched two fragrances, “Still” and “Glo.”
She had a middle-class family background where she grew up in a small apartment with her two sisters. At the young age of 16, she started in her first movie role in My Little Girl. She started her career as a background dancer for various pop artists like Janet Jackson. She also worked in a legal office.
Then Selena arrived. For her role, she earned her first Golden Globe nomination. Her first marriage was to Cuban waiter Ojani Noa. But it ended very soon. She was involved in a gunfire controversy at a New York club. Where she was charged with possession of a gun, but charges were later dropped.
She later married her backing dancer (Chris Judd) of her single “Love Don’t Cost A Thing.” That relationship also ended very soon, and both were later divorced. Later, she married singer, Marc Anthony.
Apart from failed marriages, her music career still has lady luck on her. Jennifer formed her production company named Nuyorican and her own clothing line. She later launched the perfume ‘‘Glo.”
She even judged the tenth season of American Idol.
Facts related to Jennifer Lopez
- She was a dancer in the musical Synchronicity.
- Her first TV appearance was in the comedy series In Living Color.
- At the gym, she was nicknamed “La Guitarra” but at her hometown the Bronx, she was nicknamed “The Supernova”.
- She launched her clothing line, JLO by Jennifer Lopez.
- Jennifer turned down the role in Hitch.
- She is the mother of twins.
- She does not drink alcohol.
- FHM named her Sexiest Female for two times.
- Her first name “On the 6” is inspired from NY 6 train which she used to travel in her early days.
- Despite born to Puerto Rican parents, she is not fluent in her mother tongue Spanish.
- She was once the highest paid Latina actress.
- Marc Anthony nicknamed her Lola.
- She was paid $6 million by People Magazine for photos of the twins.
- Her first marriage lasted on 13 months.
- She has two sisters, Lynda and Leslie.
- Her first major film was Mi Familia.
- She is an owner of the Cuban restaurant Madre’s.
- Did you know her mother won $2.4 million dollar jackpot at the Borgata Casino?