Picture of Tom Hanks
Many actors come and go, lived a short period of stardom but this America’s sweetheart Tom Hanks is something different than the others.
Many actors come and go and live a short period of stardom, but America’s sweetheart Tom Hanks is different from the others. He is one of the leading movie actors in Hollywood. All his movies are different from each other that many critics call him a genius actor. He is one of the highest-paid actors of all time. Hanks has been compared with legendary cinematic actors like Jimmy Stewart, Gary Cooper, and Henry Fonda.
He is not only an actor but also a writer, producer, and director. Hanks also involved himself in other humanitarian activities like same-sex marriages and helped promote electric vehicles to protect the environment against harmful fuels. He is not an ordinary actor who does movies to earn fame and money to live a lavish life.
Born Thomas Jeffrey Hanks, this Hollywood actor cheerful persona made him a natural start among his generation of actors. His easygoing and down-to-earth reputation gave him the title of the Nicest Guy in Hollywood.
Facts related to Tom Hanks
- He played a character named Proteus in Shakespeare’s plays.
- Tom’s onscreen debut was a horror movie, “He knows you’re alone.”
- His first starring role was from the movie “Mazes and Monsters.”
- He co-starred with his second wife Rita Wilson in the movie “Volunteers.”
- Hanks has Type 2 diabetes.
- He always wanted to become an astronaut.
- Tom has a hobby of collecting manual typewriters.
- Due to his wife Rita Wilson’s religion, he has converted to the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Hanks’ Movie “Splash” was his first box office success.
- He is the only one who won back to back two Oscars for best actor as one from his performance in the movie “Philadelphia” and the other from “Forrest Gump.”
- His brother Jim Hanks played body double for him in the movie “Forrest Gump.”
- He once worked as a hotel bellman and carried bags for other celebrities.
- There is an asteroid named after Tom Hanks that is 12818 thanks.
- He never watches his films.
- Oakland Raiders and Cleveland Indians are his all-time favorite football teams.
- In his early days, he used to sell popcorn and peanuts at Oakland Coliseum.
- At the 2002 memorial for George Harrison, he was a member of Monty Python.
- Jason Robards and Robert Duvall are his role models in acting.
- For his role in “Saving Private Ryan”, the U.S Navy gave him a Public Service Award.
- Elvis Presley, Alabama Thunderpussy, and Patrick Ronda is his favorite musician.